In order to unlock our full $6 million dollar budget from the state, we have to raise about $1 million dollars. There are 2 types of donations: early donations and qualifying donations.
Every clean elections candidate can accept donations of up to $160 from individuals across the country ($320 for married couples). Clean elections candidates cannot accept money from corporations or PACs. Candidates get to use every dollar collected through early donations, up to a cap, which varies by office.
Every donation of every size counts. For donors who are able to give less than $160, please give directly to your favorite AZ Indie 100 candidates on their individual sites.
For larger donors, you can make a donation through this site that will be distributed to all AZ Indie 100 candidates. Please consider donating at one of the following thresholds.
- Ultimate Donor – $15,680 – This is the maximum possible early contribution level to Arizona Indie Clean Elections candidates. This donation gives $160 to all 98 clean candidates. At most 27 people will be able to give at this level due to campaign maximums for the state legislative campaigns.
- Colossal Donor – $1280 – These donors will be giving $160 to all of the statewide candidates: Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Treasurer, Superintendent of Public Instruction, Corporation Commission x 2, and State Mine Inspector. At most 59 people will be able to give at this level due to campaign maximums for the Mine Inspector.
- Major Donor – $1120 – At this amount, donors will be giving to all statewide except Mine Inspector. At most 87 people will be able to give at this level due to campaign maximums for the Treasurer, Superintendent of Public Instruction, and Corporation Commission.
- Yuge Donor – $480 – These donors are giving $160 contributions to the Governor, Secretary of State, and Attorney General. At most 174 people will be able to give at this level due to campaign maximums for the Secretary of State and Attorney General.
- Big Donor – These donors are giving $160 to the Governor’s campaign. At most 20 people will be able to give at this level due to the Governor’s campaign maximum.
In order to unlock the campaign funds provided by the state, Clean Elections candidates must collect qualifying donations of exactly $5 from voters in the geographic area they seek to represent. Campaigns do not get to spend this money directly. Rather, they save up all the donations and then write a check to the state for the required amount, which they submit to the Clean Elections Commission along with the paperwork describing each donation. After verification, the state releases the promised funds to each campaign.
You can give a qualifying contribution to any statewide candidate or legislator in your district. Soon you will be able to find links to do so on the candidates’ pages. Additionally, we’re implementing a system to simplify things for those who want to give the maximum allowable amount.
Ultimate Clean Donor – $55 – The ultimate donor gives $5 to each of the 3 legislators in their district and all 8 statewide candidates. We need about 250 Ultimate Clean donors in each of the 30 legislative districts, about 7500 statewide.
Be A Trailblazer
Join the growing list of independents who are forming the important habit of political giving. We’re grateful for your commitment and your wisdom. We will win this fight with your help!